As of 12:01 AM on Thursday, April 8, 2021, Ontario entered it’s third state of emergency since the COVID-19 pandemic began and a province-wide Stay-at-Home order went into effect. Much the same as December 2020’s stay at home order, Ontario residents are required to remain at home with essential exceptions.
Clearview Township continues to provide essential services with staff available to assist residents by email or telephone. To adhere to the Stay-at-Home order staff are working remotely, if calling in, please leave a phone message and your call will be returned.
Residents are reminded that property tax, utility bills and burn permits can be accessed and paid online at www.clearview.ca/pay-register-apply/online-payments, by mail or via the drop box at the Administration Centre. Penalties and interest on overdue tax, water and sewer accounts remain waived.
As a result of the stay at home order and state of emergency declaration, municipal services have been impacted as follows:
Clearview Township Administration Centre
- The Township Administration Centre will remain closed, taking appointments for essential services only that cannot be completed virtually. To make an appointment visit www.clearview.ca/staff-directory or call 705.428.6230.
- Staff remain available by email or telephone with contact details available online at www.clearview.ca/staff-directory.
- To adhere to the Stay-at-Home order staff are working remotely, please leave a phone message and your call will be returned.
- 2020 burn permits, apart from large burn permits, continue to be extended into 2021.
- The early bird rates for 2021 Dog Tags have been extended to June 1, 2021. For details visit, www.clearview.ca/pay-register-apply/permits-licences/animal-licensing
Building Permits & Inspections
- Building Permits continue to be accepted by email or via the drop box at the Administration Centre. Payments will be by cheque only, received at the Clearview Administration Centre drop box. No in-person payments. For details visit www.clearview.ca/building-planning/building-permits.
- Restricted building inspections following strict COVID-19 Safe Working Practices are being completed on all construction projects.
Clearview Public Library
- The Clearview Public Library will remain closed, continuing to offer curbside and virtual services at all branches, for details visit www.clearview.library.on.ca.
Clearview Youth Centre
- The Clearview Youth Centre will remain closed. Virtual programming and the at-home activity kits will continue to be offered, for details visit www.discoverclearview.ca/youth-centre.
Clearview Public Works & Fire Halls
- Will remain closed to the public.
For more information on Ontario’s current state of emergency read the Ontario Government’s announcement, Ontario Enacts Provincial Emergency and Stay-at-Home Order.
All service delivery announcements will continue to be communicated through the township website, www.clearview.ca and on Twitter, @Clearview_twp. Subscribe to notifications on the Township’s homepage to stay up to date.
For more information, please contact:
(705) 428-6230 ext. 228
Fire Chief & Emergency Management Centre Chair
(705) 428-6230 ext. 402