Clearview Township currently enforces animal licensing for dogs, kennels and backyard chickens.
Clearview Township does not control or provide any service for the control of wild animals. If wild animals present a nuisance you may wish to contact the Ministry of Natural Resources Midhurst District office at (705) 725-7500. If wild animals present a danger then please call the police 911.
Clearview Township requires residents to register and purchase a dog license for every dog over 3 months (12 weeks) of age. The license tag must be attached to the dog’s collar or harness at all times.
The Township of Clearview has partnered with DocuPet to provide an enhanced dog licensing experience for residents, offering the free HomeSafe™ 24/7 lost pet service and designer license tags with personalization options to compliment your dog’s personality. 20% of every designer tag purchase is donated to Alliston and District Humane Society through DocuPet’s Safe&Happy Fund.
Previously, dog licenses expired annually on December 31st, but through our partnership with DocuPet, licenses are now valid for 365 days after purchase. This means that no matter what time of year you purchase your dog’s license, it will be valid for 365 days.
In addition to your pet’s official Township of Clearview license, here are some benefits of your DocuPet online profile:
- Browse hundreds of designer tag styles and add personalization
- With full access to HomeSafe™ 24/7 lost pet service, upload recent photos of your pet and include important information that will help identify and retrieve them if they become lost
- Gain access to exclusive promotions and discounts
- Add additional pet guardians to your pet's profile
- Skip the trip and easily purchase or renew your pet's license from the comfort of home
- Upload important new documents for your pet by snapping a photo
- Make an optional donation to the Alliston and District Humane Society via DocuPet’s Safe&Happy Fund and help support local animals in need
- Easily view and download your pet’s license documentation
- Read up on exclusive pet-focused content
- Manage, or make changes to your account at any time including updating your contact information and making changes to pet details and status
- View your order status and history
See how DocuPet’s HomeSafe™ 24/7 lost pet service works, watch the HomeSafe™ 24/7 video
Dog licenses can now be purchased online at clearview.docupet.com. The new, easy-to-use online licensing service provides a quick and seamless process to license your pet in the Township of Clearview.
Dog licenses can also be purchased in person at the Clearview Township Administration Office located at 217 Gideon Street in Stayner.
The Health Protection and Promotion Act. O Reg 567 Section 1, link www.e-laws.gov.on.ca , requires that dogs over the age of 3 months are required to be vaccinated against rabies.
If you operate a kennel within Clearview Township then you are required to licence the operation.
If you are considering opening a new kennel within the Township then you must make an application through the Township’s Planning Department to determine if your property has the appropriate zoning.
Clearview Township requires that chickens being kept on a property zoned residential must be licensed, inspected and approved by the Senior By-Law Enforcement Officer.
For information on keeping Backyard Chickens, please access the following documents:
Clearview Township regulates the keeping of exotic animals under the Exotic Animal By-Law.
Residents are encouraged to contact the Clearview Township By-law Department to disclose exotic animals. Exemptions to the By-Law may be granted by Council. A record of exotic animals kept within the Township will be maintained for public safety and for emergency fire operations.