Clearview Township Council has appointed Principles Integrity to act as its Integrity Commissioner providing accountability services to the Township. The services of the Integrity Commissioner include:
- To provide advice on the application of the Code of Conduct, Township policies, procedures and rules, the complaint protocol and section 5 of the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act;
- To conduct inquiries regarding whether a member has contravened the Code of Conduct or section 5 of the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act;
- To provide advice to a member, upon written request, respecting the member's obligations under the Code of Conduct, Township policies, procedures and rules, the complaint protocol and the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act;
- To provide opinions on policy matters and make other reports to council as requested on issues of ethics and integrity;
- To provide educational information and training to council, to members and to the public on matters related to the Code of Conduct and issues of ethics and integrity and to the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act;
- To provide general information to members of the public, on request, about the Code of Conduct, the complaint protocol and the availability of complaint resolution services or referrals as contemplated by the complaint protocol;
- To maintain custody and control of the integrity commissioner's complaint and inquiry files and, on completion of his or her term of appointment, to transfer open files relating to ongoing matters to the incoming Integrity Commissioner appointed by council; and
- To provide such other services respecting ethical and integrity matters as assigned by council or as may be required by the Municipal Act, 2001
Complaints are to be submitted directly to the Integrity Commissioner:
Jeffrey A. Abrams and Janice Atwood-Petkovski
For additional information please contact the Integrity Commissioner's office at the contact information provided above.
Complaints and Investigations
The following section details information related to submitting a complaint and the process of an associated investigation.
Submitting a Complaint
There are two protocols for submitting a complaint: Informal or Formal