Burn Permit Sheet

Burn Permits

Burn Permits

All property owners, interested in having an outdoor fire in Clearview Township are required to purchase a Burn Permit.

Permits cost $10 per property and are valid for the calendar year. 

How to purchase a Burn Permit

Burn permits can be purchased online or in person. The online system is available 24/7.


Purchasing your permit online is fast, easy and secure! The online system accepts Visa and MasterCard. Once the payment is complete, the permit is immediately emailed to you.  

Buy Now: Online Burn Permit

In person:

To obtain a burn permit in person, residents must obtain an application at the Clearview Township Administration Office located at 217 Gideon Street, Stayner during regular business hours.  For more information, call (705) 428-6230 ext. 401

Permit Types & Regulation

Rural Permits

  • All property owners in rural areas must obtain a Burn Permit prior any open air burning at their property.
  • Please note that Clearview By-law #14-06 outlines the times and locations that fire may be set in open air and the precautions to be observed by persons setting such fires.

Settlement Permits

  • All property owners in a settlement area must obtain a Burn Permit prior to having a fire at their property.
  • Burning in a settlement area is only permitted through the use of a fire appliance.
  • Settlement Areas include: Nottawa, New Lowell, Creemore and Stayner.

Large Permits

  • Please note that a large permit authorized by the Fire Chief is required for fires larger than 1m x 1m.

To determine if your property is within the boundary of one of the settlement areas or if you have further questions, please contact Clearview Fire and Emergency Services at (705) 428-6230 ext. 401