Clearview Fire and Emergency Services is currently seeking paid-on-call firefighters for our stations located in Stayner, New Lowell, Creemore, Singhampton, and Nottawa.
- Must reside in the primary response area, in close proximity to the fire station.
- Ability to handle intense and sustained physical effort necessary to safely perform firefighter duties. CPAT testing is part of the recruitment process, information about testing can be found at https://www.clearview.ca/municipal-services/emergency-services.
- Current medical clearance certificate (cost to be responsibility of the candidate).
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License in good standing and a reliable means to respond to the fire station for emergency calls.
- Insurable (under the Corporation’s fleet policy).
- No criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Clear police clearance for Vulnerable Sector Search, free of convictions for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Effective communication skills.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- After recruit firefighter training phase, firefighters must maintain attendance requirements of at minimum 20% emergency calls, 60% of trainings/extra duties.
- It is highly recommended to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with all required doses of a vaccine approved by health Canada.
Preferred Skills (but not required):
- Class DZ driver’s license
- Previous fire service experience
- Related experience (trade, nursing, mechanics, operating heavy equipment)
Pay Range (paid quarterly):
Suppression: $26.26 - $30.41 / hour
Training: $18.38 - $21.28 / hour
Note: The preferred candidates must be willing to provide consent for the Township to conduct a criminal background and vulnerable sector check prior to finalizing an employment offer.