Creemore Union Cemetery

Previously known as: 
Cemetery at Creemore
Township Owned: 
No
Status: 
Active
Contact: 
Irma Flack - 705-466-5205
History: 

The Cemetery at Creemore was started in the early 1850's, when the land was set aside for a church site and cemetery. 

The first St. Luke's Anglican Church was built in 1854 and was the first frame church west of of Barrie, Ontario. 

The original burying grounds were for several years operated in connection with the church, but back in the 1870's the cemetery ownership was transferred to a Board representing Anglican, Presbyterian, Methodist, and Baptist Churches. It was then that it was named Creemore Union Cemetery.    

Source: 
Compiled in 1984 by Members of Simcoe County Genealogy Society.