The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit is currently accepting applications for volunteer support in the COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics located in South Georgian Bay (Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, Stayner), Barrie, Gravenhurst, Alliston, and Bradford. Applications received for Orillia, Huntsville and North Simcoe will be kept on file in case future opportunities become available.
COVID-19 vaccine clinic volunteers provide support in non-clinical roles as described below. Individuals are welcome to submit an application for consideration. Submission of an application does not guarantee placement.
Vaccine Clinic Volunteers:
- Provide excellent customer service by welcoming, directing and assisting clients.
- Monitor lineups to ensure physical distancing and masking.
- Disinfect and clean high-touch surfaces in waiting areas.
- Screening clients upon entry to the clinic.
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Commit 4 hours per shift.
- Arrange for own transportation to and from each shift.
- Stand for 4 hours at a time.
- Work indoors and outdoors.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) (medical mask, eye protection, sometimes a gown and gloves) throughout the entire shift.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
Once offered a position
- Provide proof of a Criminal Record Check (CRC) through your local police detachment as soon as possible.
- Provide proof of COVID19 vaccination or valid exemption.
If you are interested in being considered for a volunteer position as described above, please visit the health unit website and submit a volunteer application. If you have any questions, please contact our volunteer coordinator:
Renée Gaudet, RD, MHSc.
Clinical Service Department