The County of Simcoe hosted a live Public Information Centre (PIC) on July 21 to share information about the new automated cart collection program starting November 1st, 2021. Residents can also view the entire PIC, including our newly released instructional video and themed answers to pre-submitted questions from residents, on carts.simcoe.ca or by clicking here.
About Automated Cart Collection
As of November 1, 2021, the County is moving to a new automated cart collection service for waste. Carts are used across North America because they are easier, safer and provide better overall service to residents.
Eligible households/units will receive three new carts between August and October. There are many advantages to this proven and preferred method of curbside waste collection, including:
- Increased vertical storage space
- Consolidate a variety of smaller bins, bags and containers into three carts
- Good for the environment with more room for organics
- Lids on all carts protect against windblown litter and impacts from critters
- Cut down on lifting and trips to the curb! With wheels and ergonomic handles, just roll out two carts each week
- Safer for everyone with touchless automated collection
- Ensure continuity of collection service and help to reduce potential for wide-spread collection impacts previously experienced
For full details visit carts.simcoe.ca or download the new Simcoe County Collects app. The app is available free of charge from the App Store and Google Play.
The above release has been issued by Simcoe County on July 22, 2021.