Township of Clearview
For the office of:
Mayor (1) one to be elected (at large)
Deputy Mayor (1) one to be elected (at large)
Councillor (Five Wards) (1) one to be elected from each Ward
School Board Trustee, English Language Public (1) one to be elected
School Board Trustee, French Language Public (1) one to be elected
School Board Trustee, English Language Separate (1) one to be elected
School Board Trustee, French Language Separate (1) one to be elected
The Term of Office will be from November 15, 2022 until the end of November 14, 2026.
To run for the position of Mayor, Deputy Mayor or Council, you must be:
- A Canadian citizen
- At least 18 years of age
- Reside in the Township of Clearview, or an owner or tenant of land in the Township of Clearview or the spouse of such a person
- Not prohibited from voting under any law
Nomination forms may be filed by candidates beginning Monday, May 2nd, 2022, and on any day thereafter prior to Nomination Day (August 19, 2022), by appointment only. Nomination appointments can be made with the Clerk’s Office by emailing email@example.com and scheduled for when the Clerk’s Office is open (Monday to Friday, 8:30 pm to 4:30 pm) and on Nomination Day, Friday, August 19th, 2022 when nomination forms may be filed between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The filing fee for Head of Council (Mayor) is $200.00, all other positions is $100.00. The fee is payable by cash, debit, certified cheque, or money order. Candidates must not spend or raise funds for their election campaign until their nomination form has been filed.
The Nomination Paper (Form 1) must be signed by the candidate and may be filed in person or by an agent with the Clerk or designate of the Township of Clearview. If an agent files the nomination form, it must be accompanied by a piece of Government Photo Identification including address, with the signature of the candidate prior to filing with the Clerk or designate.
In the event there are insufficient number of certified candidates to fill all positions available, nominations will be reopened for the vacant positions only on Wednesday, August 24, 2022 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and such additional nominations, if required, may be filed in the Office of the Clerk of the Township of Clearview.
Reminder to Candidates
- Cannot be nominated for more than one office
- Cannot accept donations or spend any funds on a campaign until such time as you have filed the required Nomination Papers with the Clerk
- You are responsible for keeping records of the financial activities related to your campaign. Remember to issue receipts for all donations, including donations of goods or services; obtain receipts for expenses incurred; keep copies of all receipts.
- Keep receipts for all expenditures and a record of the value of all contributions which are not money (ie. sign stakes, paper, printing services, etc.)
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to file a complete and accurate financial statement on time.
Candidates should completely familiarize themselves with the Municipal Elections Act, 1996.
School Board Trustees
At the time of printing, determination as to where Nomination Papers for the following School Trustees are to be filed, have not yet been finalized for area districts as noted below. Please contact the Clerk for further information.
- English Language Public – Simcoe County District School Board
- French Language Public – Conseil scolaire Viamonde
- English Language Separate – Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board
- French Language Separate – Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir
For additional information please contact:
Sasha Helmkay, Clerk/Director of Legislative Services
705-428-6230 ext. 274