As of 12:01 AM on Thursday, January 14, 2021, Ontario entered it’s second state of emergency since the COVID-19 pandemic began and a Stay at Home order went into effect. Ontario residents are required to remain at home with essential exceptions.
Clearview Township continues to provide essential services with staff available to assist residents by email or telephone. Residents are reminded that property tax, utility bills and burn permits can be accessed and paid online at www.clearview.ca/pay-register-apply/online-payments, by mail or via the drop box at the Administration Centre. Penalties and interest on overdue tax, water and sewer accounts remain waived.
As a result of the stay at home order and state of emergency declaration the following changes have been implemented:
Clearview Township Administration Centre
- The Township Administration Centre will remain closed, taking appointments for essential services only that cannot be completed virtually. To make an appointment visit www.clearview.ca/staff-directory or call 705.428.6230.
- Staff remain available by email or telephone with contact details available online at www.clearview.ca/staff-directory;
- 2020 burn permits, with the exception of large burn permits, will be extended into 2021 until the Administration Centre reopens.
Building Permits & Inspections
- Building Permits are being accepted via the drop box and by email. Payments will be by cheque only, received at the Clearview Administration Centre drop box. No in person payments;
- At this time restricted building inspections are being completed based on the essential construction activities permitted by the Province of Ontario. For details visit www.clearview.ca/building-planning/building-permits.
For more information on Ontario’s state of emergency read the Ontario Government’s announcement, Ontario Declares Second Provincial Emergency to Address COVID-19 Crisis and Save Lives.
All service delivery announcements will continue to be communicated through the township website, www.clearview.ca and on Twitter, @Clearview_twp. Subscribe to notifications on the Township’s homepage to stay up to date.
For more information, please contact:
Fire Chief & Emergency Management Centre Chair
(705) 428-6230 ext. 402
Director of Finance/Treasurer
(705) 428-6230 ext. 236