As part of the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, the stay at home order in Clearview was lifted on February 16, 2021, and our region was placed into the Red-Control zone of the provincial COVID-19 response framework: keeping Ontario safe and open.
As a result, the following changes have been implemented:
Clearview Township Administration Centre
- On February 22nd the Administration Centre will reopen by appointment only. To make an appointment visit www.clearview.ca/staff-directory or call 705.428.6230;
- Staff will continue to attend the Administration Centre on a rotating schedule to reduce capacity and maintain physical distancing;
- Staff remain available by email or telephone with contact details available online at www.clearview.ca/staff-directory;
- On March 8th the Administration Centre will reopen to public walk-ins. The Centre will operate with normal business hours of Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, closing from 12:30 to 1:30 PM to accommodate lunch at reduced staffing levels.
Clearview Public Works & Fire Halls
- Will remain closed to the public at this time.
- 2020 burn permits, with the exception of large burn permits, will continue to be extended until our region moves into a less restrictive zone of the provincial reopening framework.
Building Permits & Inspections
- Building Permits continue to be accepted by email or at the Administration Centre. Payments will be by cheque only, received at the Clearview Administration Centre.
- At this time, restricted building inspections are being completed following strict Covid-19 protocols. Occupied space inspections are restricted to Remote Video Inspections at this time.
- The rink reopened on February 18th for team sports training only (no games or scrimmages) with a capacity limit of 10 skaters, plus two coaches and staff.
Clearview Public Library
- The Clearview Public Library will continue to offer curbside service at all branches, for details visit www.clearview.library.on.ca.
Clearview Youth Centre
- The Youth Centre will reopen on Monday, February 22nd, three nights a week on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:00 to 7:00 PM with a maximum capacity of 10 youth.
For those residents wishing to remain at home as much as possible, Clearview staff continue to be available by email or telephone, and property tax, utility bills and burn permits remain accessible online www.clearview.ca/pay-register-apply/online-payments, by mail or via the drop box. Penalties and interest on overdue tax, water and sewer accounts remain waived.
All service delivery announcements will continue to be communicated through the township website, www.clearview.ca and on Twitter, @Clearview_twp. Subscribe to notifications on the Township’s homepage to stay up to date.
For more information, please contact:
Fire Chief & Emergency Management Centre Chair
(705) 428-6230 ext. 402
Director of Finance/Treasurer
(705) 428-6230 ext. 236