On December 21, 2020, the provincial government announced a province-wide shutdown to stop the spread of COVID-19 and save lives. The province-wide shutdown will begin at 12:01 AM on Saturday, December 26, 2020, and, in Southern Ontario, will last for a minimum of 28 days.
The shut-down imposes strict province-wide restrictions and temporarily pauses the current colour-coded COVID-19 Response Framework.
The move from Red/Control to a province-wide shutdown puts the following restrictions into effect in Clearview facilities beginning at 12:01 AM on Saturday, December 26th:
Clearview Township Administration Centre
- The Township Administration Centre will close for the holidays on December 24th at noon and reopen by appointment only on January 4, 2021. To make an appointment call 705.428.6230 or visit www.clearview.ca/staff-directory;
- Staff are available to assist by email or telephone with details available online at www.clearview.ca/staff-directory;
- Property tax, utility bills and burn permits can be accessed and paid online at www.clearview.ca/pay-register-apply/online-payments;
- Payments can also be mailed in or deposited in the drop box at the Clearview Administration Centre, 217 Gideon Street in Stayner;
- Penalties and interest on overdue tax, water and sewer accounts have been waived until the COVID-19 response is over;
- Building Permits are being accepted via the drop box and by email. Payments by cheque only; Inspections are operating with strict safe work practices and physical distancing measures in place for unoccupied buildings. Certain construction in occupied spaces can proceed via live video chat through Facetime.
- Transit Route 1 (Stayner) is running on regular hours. Transit passes are available by appointment at the Clearview Administration Centre. For transit details visit www.clearview.ca/transit.
Clearview Public Library Branches
- Closed to the public;
- Curbside service is available at all branches beginning on December 30, 2020. Details are available at www.clearview.library.on.ca;
- Late fees will be waived however, returning materials by their due date is encouraged so that other patrons may enjoy them.
- Closed to the public, all programming and rentals are cancelled.
Clearview Youth Centre
- Closed to the public.
Public Works, Recreation Facilities & Fire Stations
- Remain closed to the public.
For more details on the province-wide shutdown read the Ontario Government’s announcement, Ontario Announces Provincewide Shutdown to Stop Spread of COVID-19 and Save Lives.
All service delivery announcements will continue to be communicated through the township website, www.clearview.ca and on Twitter, @Clearview_twp. Subscribe to notifications on the Township’s homepage to stay up to date.
(705) 428-6230 ext. 228
Mayor Doug Measures
(705) 428-6230 ext. 280