On Friday, April 16, 2021, the Province of Ontario announced additional Stay-at-home order restrictions, including the extension of the order from four weeks to six weeks, restricting outdoor gathering limits to only members of your household, and limiting building to essential construction activities.
Residents are reminded that staff are working remotely, if calling in, please leave a phone message and your call will be returned. Property tax, utility bills and burn permits can be accessed and paid online at www.clearview.ca/pay-register-apply/online-payments, by mail or via the drop box at the Administration Centre. Penalties and interest on overdue tax, water and sewer accounts remain waived.
As a result of the increased restrictions, municipal services have been further impacted as follows:
Clearview Township Administration Centre
- The Township Administration Centre remains closed, taking appointments for essential services only that cannot be completed virtually. To make an appointment visit www.clearview.ca/staff-directory or call 705.428.6230.
- To adhere to the Stay-at-Home order most staff are working remotely, please leave a phone message and your call will be returned.
Building Permits & Inspections
- Building Permits continue to be accepted by email or via the drop box at the Administration Centre. Payments will be by cheque only, received at the Clearview Administration Centre drop box. No in-person payments.
- Building inspections are being completed based on the essential construction activities permitted by the Province of Ontario Emergency. For details visit www.clearview.ca/building-planning/building-permits.
Clearview Public Transit
- Beginning on Monday, April 26, 2021, transit fares on Clearview Public Transit will be waived until the Stay-at-home Order has been lifted.
- Riders are reminded to use transit for essential travel only. Face coverings are required to ride. Please maintain physical distance from bus drivers and other riders.
For the safety of our community it is important that we continue to follow the public health advice of the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, limit trips outside the home to necessities, stay home when ill, wear a mask, maintain physical distance from those outside of your household, remain in your local community and avoid non-essential travel.
For more information on Ontario’s Stay-at-home Order restrictions read the Ontario Government’s, COVID-19 public health measures and advice.
All service delivery announcements will continue to be communicated through the township website, www.clearview.ca and on Twitter, @Clearview_twp. Subscribe to notifications on the Township’s homepage to stay up to date.
For more information, please contact:
(705) 428-6230 ext. 228
Fire Chief & Emergency Management Centre Chair
(705) 428-6230 ext. 402