All positions are 35-40 hours per week (May to August 2021)
- Job #2021-001: Pool Instructors / Lifeguards (6 positions)
- Job #2021–002: Pool Lifeguard - Supervisor
- Job #2021-003: Student Water / Sewer Operator (Co-Op position)
- Job #2021-004: Student - Roads Workers (4 positions)
- Job #2021-005: Student - Tourism/Culture Assistant (5 positions)
- Job #2021-006: Student - GIS Technician
**Proceeding with student positions will be dependent on Provincial Orders related to the COVID-19 pandemic. **
Who can apply:
To be eligible to apply for a summer student position, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada as a student
- Minimum age requirement is 16
- Be in possession of a Social Insurance Number at time of hire
- At time of this application, you must be enrolled in a full-time post-secondary program and have full intentions of returning to full-time studies in the fall of 2021 (information will be verified at time of consideration)
How to apply:
- All resumes must be received electronically through the Human Resources department, by Friday, March 12, 2021 at: email@example.com.
- Please indicate job number in subject line.
- If applying for more than one position, please indicate order of preference.
Wage Rates: All jobs are paid $16.06 per hour or higher plus 4% vacation pay.
Job #2021-001: Pool Instructors / Lifeguards (5 f/t positions, 1 p/t position)
Responsible for providing instructor/lifeguard duties at Stayner outdoor pool.
• Must possess experience in adapting programs for individuals of all ages
• Previous experience as an Instructor/Lifeguard
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills with experience working with the public
• Effective decision making and conflict management skills
• Ability to provide a clean and current Vulnerable Sector Check
• Possess a current YMCA Instructor’s Certificate, or equivalent, and current CPR.
Job #2021–002: Pool Lifeguard - Supervisor
In addition to providing instructor/lifeguard duties, additional duties include pool programming, staff scheduling and ensuring staff and visitors adhere to health and safety standards.
• In addition to all qualifications required for job # 2021-001, applicants must possess leadership/supervisory experience.
Job #2021-003: Student Water / Sewer Operator (Co-Op position)
Responsible for assisting the Water and Sewer staff in the day to day duties, including maintaining six water distribution supply systems and two sewer collection systems.
• Currently enrolled in a post-secondary Environmental Technology program
• Strong analysis and technical abilities
• Must be physically fit to perform manual labour
• Strong computer skills; experience working with SCADA considered an asset
• Experience working with the public considered an asset
• Ability to work independently and be self-directed
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
• Valid Class G2 driver’s licence in good standing
Job #2021-004: Student Roads Workers (4 f/t positions)
Responsible for assisting with construction traffic control and with general road maintenance duties.
• Currently enrolled in a post-secondary Civil Engineering program is preferable
• Previous experience working in construction or agriculture is preferable
• Must by physically able to perform duties pertaining to road maintenance and construction
• Valid Class G2 driver’s licence
Job #2021-005: Student - Tourism/Culture Assistant (5 positions)
Student will work at the Clearview Tourism Centre assisting tourists with trip planning, finding accommodation, making them feel welcome and encouraging return visitations. The student will also be expected to work off-site at festivals and events. Duties include clerical assistance in developing brochures, updating list, answering phone inquiries, tourism and event marketing.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Excel, Outlook)
• Excellent web navigation skills and strong research skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Valid G2 driver’s license
• Smart Serve Certification
• Must be resourceful, capable of working independently and be highly personable
Job #2021-006: Student GIS Technician
Responsible for support to the Public Works Department in the preparation of Storm Water Infrastructure mapping. Other duties include undertaking research initiatives and special projects.
• Currently enrolled in post-secondary education in GIS field
• Excellent organization, database management and communication skills
• Proficient in the use of related software such as ArcGIS Desktop, ArcCatalog, Excel, etc.
• Ability to interpret and integrate data from a variety of sources including as-built infrastructure plans, satellite orthophotography and excel spreadsheets
• Experience in large format scanning, use of mobile GIS devices/apps, and knowledge of municipal infrastructure are assets
• Valid G2 driver’s license
• Self-motivated and detail oriented with ability to work independently
• Ability to work from home if required
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please contact Human Resources for accommodation inquiries or requirements at 705-428-6230 x. 255