Clearview Township is seeking School Crossing Guards – Permanent and Relief to begin as soon as possible to work in various locations within Clearview Township.
Enjoy a light work schedule while earning some extra income. Clearview offers full and compensable training to all employees including online accessibility and safety training, hands-on and on-the-job training as well as a new employee orientation. Employees are paid their hourly rate of pay for participating in the training.
- To safely assist children crossing the street, to and from school.
- To be available Monday to Friday during the school year.
Qualifications and Abilities required
- Must be physically fit.
- Able to work outside during adverse weather conditions.
- Able to communicate with and direct children in a clear manner.
- Must be able to provide a clean police background and vulnerable person’s check.
- Possess 20/20 vision (with corrective lenses if needed).
- Must have reliable transportation to crossing location.
Wage: $21.10 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Training: All required training and crossing guard apparel is provided by Clearview Township
Note: The preferred candidate must be willing to provide consent for the Township to conduct a criminal background and vulnerable sector check prior to finalizing an employment offer.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their resume and covering letter quoting job # 2021-025 to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. The Township of Clearview is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).