Clearview Township is seeking 1 part-time permanent Crossing Guard at the Nottawa school crossing as well as Casual Relief Crossing Guards to work in various locations within Clearview Township to begin as soon as possible.
Enjoy a light work schedule while earning some extra income. Clearview offers full and compensable training to all employees including on-line accessibility and safety training, hands-on and on-the-job training as well as a new employee orientation. Employees are paid their hourly rate of pay for participating in the training.
- To safely assist children crossing the street, to and from school.
- To be available Monday to Friday during the school year.
Qualifications and Abilities required
- Must be physically fit.
- Able to work outside during adverse weather conditions.
- Able to communicate with and direct children in a clear manner.
- Must be able to provide a clean police background and vulnerable person’s check.
- Possess 20/20 vision (with corrective lenses if needed).
- Must have reliable transportation to crossing location.
Wage: $18.54 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Training: All required training and crossing guard apparel is provided by Clearview Township
Note: The preferred candidate must be willing to provide consent for the Township to conduct a criminal background and vulnerable sector check prior to finalizing an employment offer.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their resume and covering letter quoting job # 2019-014 to Human Resources by April 26, 2019 to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. The Township of Clearview is an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).