Heavy Equipment Operators - 4
Night Patrol Operators - 2
Sidewalk Operators - 2
Clearview Township is currently seeking temporary full-time Public Works (Roads) Heavy Equipment Operators, Night Patrol Operators and Sidewalk Operators beginning October 28, 2019, through to April 10, 2020.
Reporting to the Public Works Manager, and Roads Foreman, the Public Works (Roads) Operators are responsible for assisting the Public Works Roads Department with snow removal, sanding, inspecting and repairing roads infrastructure as well as clearing sidewalks, patrolling roads and ensuring compliance with current Road Safety standards.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 education with 2 years of demonstrated experience operating heavy equipment
- Valid DZ Driver’s License with a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- In addition to operating heavy equipment, must possess ability to operate utility trucks, pumps, compressors, generators, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, two-way radios and phone.
- Knowledge of safety standards and precautions pertaining to the use of tools and safe work practices.
- Ability to understand, read and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labour, including bending, stooping, reaching and lifting heavy objects.
- Physical strength and ability sufficient to meet job requirements for extended periods under uncomfortable conditions in all types of weather.
- Current WHIMIS training
- In case of urgent call-ins, must be able to respond to the workplace within 30 minutes.
For details on hours of work and wages, please visit our website at www.clearview.ca Employment Section
Note: The preferred candidate must be willing to provide consent for the Township to conduct a criminal background and vulnerable sector check prior to finalizing an employment offer.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their resume and covering letter quoting job # 2019-032 to Human Resources by September 20, 2019, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. The Township of Clearview is an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).