Clearview Township (Public Works Department) is seeking an energetic, self-motivated and team-oriented individual to perform the duties and responsibilities of Heavy Equipment Operator.
Reporting to the Foreman, Roads and Drainage, the Public Works (Roads) Heavy Equipment Operators are responsible for assisting with snow removal, sanding, inspecting and repairing roads infrastructure as well as clearing sidewalks and ensuring compliance with current Road Safety Standards.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 education with 2 years of demonstrated experience operating heavy equipment, preference given to Grader, Rubber Tired Backhoe or Grad-All experience.
- Valid DZ Driver’s License with a clean Driver’s Abstract, preference given to AZ Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- In addition to operating heavy equipment, must possess the ability to operate utility trucks, pumps, compressors, generators, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, two-way radios and phones.
- Knowledge of safety standards and precautions pertaining to the use of tools and safe work practices.
- Ability to understand, read and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labour, including bending, stooping, reaching and lifting heavy objects.
- Physical strength and ability sufficient to meet job requirements for extended periods under uncomfortable conditions in all types of weather.
- Current WHIMIS training
- In case of urgent call-ins, must be able to respond to the workplace within 30 minutes.
As captured in the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their resume and covering letter quoting job # 2022-022 to Human Resources by May 23, 2022, to: firstname.lastname@example.org