Clearview Township is currently seeking a three (3) temporary full-time Community Maintenance and Beautification Labourers from April – October.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Parks, Culture and Recreation, the Community Maintenance and Beautification Labourers are responsible for the maintenance of community property and township beautification projects.
The preferred candidates will possess strong working knowledge of power and hand tools, push mowers, riding lawn mowers, whipper / weed snipper, power washers and street sweeper. They must be a self starter with strong problem-solving skills and a pride in good workmanship attitude as well the ability to deal with the public in a courteous and professional manner.
Skills and Experience
• Minimum Grade 12 education with 2 years of demonstrated experience in streetscapes, parks and outdoor spaces.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Personal suitability and satisfactory physical condition.
• Knowledge of standard hand and power tools, lawn maintenance equipment and equipment used in maintenance activities and ability to operate such in a safe and effective manner.
• Knowledge of safety standards and precautions pertaining to the use of tools and safe work practices.
• Ability to understand, read and follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to perform heavy manual labour, including bending, stooping, reaching and lifting heavy objects.
• Physical strength and ability sufficient to meet job requirements for extended periods under uncomfortable conditions in all types of weather.
• Ability to climb on ladders and to work in confined spaces.
• Current certification WHIMIS
• A valid Ontario Driver’s License, Class “G” with a driving record that demonstrates responsible / safe driving behavior
Salary range offered for this position is $21.37 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay.
Note: The preferred candidate must be willing to provide consent for the Township to conduct a criminal background and vulnerable sector check prior to finalizing an employment offer.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their resume and covering letter quoting job # 2021-008 to Human Resources by March 5, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Proceeding with these positions will be dependent on Provincial Orders related to the COVID-19 pandemic. **
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. The Township of Clearview is an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).