Clearview Township is currently seeking a permanent full-time (35 hours per week) Administrative Assistant
Reporting to the CAO, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing the administrative functions for the Office of the Mayor, Council, CAO and other Managers as required, including but not limited to maintaining electronic calendars for the CAO and Mayor, preparing reports, correspondence, charts, schedules and minutes, coordinating meetings, booking rooms, ordering refreshments and clean-up, assisting with the preparation of meeting materials such as presentations and documentation, coordinating travel arrangements for out-of-town conferences, meetings and events as well as attending meetings and various events; recording, producing and distributing minutes. As well, as coordinating, and scheduling building maintenance for the Administration Center.
Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Business or Office Administration, or related field, together with five (5) years of experience in an administration role, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications and ability to produce professional documents using desktop publishing software.
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving, decision making, time management, interpersonal, public relations, and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment, particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information.
- Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
- Knowledge and understanding of Council protocols and municipal functions.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the community and out of town as required.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings or weekends to attend special events, functions or meetings.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Valid Class G Driver’s License with dependable personal transportation.
The salary range offered for this position is $49,738 – $60,460 per annum, including a full benefits package with Pension Plan.
Note: The preferred candidate must be willing to provide consent for the Township to conduct a criminal background and vulnerable sector check prior to finalizing an employment offer.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their resume and covering letter quoting job # 2022-024 to Human Resources by May 31, 2022, to: email@example.com