Dunedin Union Cemetery

Status: 
Active
History: 

The Methodist Cemetery to the south of the roadway, southeast of Lot 6, Concession 9 was donated by Isaiah Honeywell.  As the land was not registered, the name was not clear, but in 1887 an addition was purchased, and a deed procured and registered for the whole acreage.   In 1868, the site of the Presbyterian Church and cemetery on the north side were donated by J.J. Carruthers including a lane leading thereto. 

In 1926, union came in force and these cemeteries became united and called Dunedin Union Cemetery.

Source: 
Let’s Celebrate Nottawasaga’s Sesquicentennial and Ontario’s Bicentennial.