The 2018 Municipal and school board election voting period will be held between Friday, October 12th 10 a.m. and Monday, October 22nd, 2018. If you do not receive a voter kit in the mail by October 1st, 2018, please contact the Clearview Clerks Office at the information below.
Please click on the item to expand the section and read more information.
Voters Information Guide: Voters Guide
Registering to vote is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Step 1: Fill out the EL15 attachment. Hard copies are also available at the Township Office.
Step 2: You will need to show identification to get on the voter’s list with your qualifying address. If you live at 124 Main Street, please bring in identification with your name and 124 Main street on it. Examples of identification include; Ontario Drivers Licence, Mortgage, Lease or Rental Agreement, Insurance Policy, credit card statement or utility bill.
Step 3: Bring both your identification and EL15 form to the Township Office. We will register you and have you added to the voters list.
Voter lookup Information video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3d8-nJDEvk
Clearview Township has selected to use internet and telephone voting methods for the 2018 municipal election. Electors will receive a notice in the mail providing instructions and a secure PIN number to use to vote by either the internet or telephone. Electors are encouraged to vote using either the internet or telephone up to ten days in advance of election day on October 22, 2018.
Click to watch a video on Online Voting: https://youtu.be/GaB2-gbqKqQ
Click to watch a video on Phone Voting: https://youtu.be/TPP8B5p5WuU
The Clearview Administration Centre – 217 Gideon Street Stayner, ON will be open extended hours for election purposes only. From October 12th to October 22nd, voters can also come to the Municipal Office to cast a ballot.
- October 4th: 4:30pm-7:30pm
- October 10: 4:30pm-7:30pm
- October 16th: 4:30pm-7:30pm
- October 20th: 10am-1:00pm
Voter Help Centres
On Monday, October 22, 2018 – Election Day voters can still be added to the voters list at any one of the locations below. Voters can also attend a voter help centre to cast their ballot or to receive assistance to vote if required.
Clearview Administration Centre, 217 Gideon Street, Stayner, 8:30am – 8:00pm
Nottawa Elementary School, 81 Batteaux Road, Nottawa, 8:30am – 8:00pm
Clearview Public Library Branches, 10:00am – 8:00pm
Stayner Branch, 201 Huron Street, Stayner
Creemore Branch, 165 Library Street, Creemore
Sunnidale Branch, 5237 County Road 9, New Lowell
On Voting Day a person is qualified to be an Elector if he or she:
- Is a Canadian Citizen;
- Is at least 18 years of age;
- Resides in the Clearview Township or is an owner or tenant of land in the Clearview Township, or the spouse of an owner or tenant in Clearview Township; and
- Is not prohibited from voting because he or she:
- Is serving a sentence of imprisonment
- Is a corporation
- Is acting as an executor or trustee or in any other representative capacity
- Was convicted of a corrupt practice described in Section 90(3) of the Municipal Elections Act
Clearview Administration Building - 217 Gideon Street, Stayner
Nottawa Elementary School - 81 Batteaux Road, Nottawa
Clearview Public Library Branches;
- Stayner Public Library - 201 Huron Street, Stayner
- Creemore Public Library - 165 Library Street, Creemore
- Sunnidale Public Library - 5237 County Road 9, New Lowell