Do you have a comment or inquiry you would like to pose to Council for its consideration? We’ve made some adjustments to the way the community can participate in Council meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic. As of May 9, 2022 Council Meetings will be conducted in a hybrid setting, with members of Council and select staff being present in the Council Chambers. The hybrid setting provides a safe environment to conduct meetings effectively while adhering to Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit guidelines and recommendations.
For hybrid meetings, members of the public are invited to either attend the Council Meeting for In-person Public Participation, or communicate with Council electronically by completing the form below. All written comments received through this portal will be reviewed by the Clerk or designate to ensure they comply with the criteria below, if the written submission does not comply it will not be submitted to the Mayor to be summarized at the meeting. Written submissions meeting the criteria below will be summarized (at the discretion of the Mayor or designate) and read by the Mayor/Chair or designate at the meeting.
- All written comments must be received prior to noon the Friday before the regularly scheduled council meeting and contain the name and address of the person submitting the comments.
- All written comments, including questions shall be directed to the Mayor.
- No written comments shall refer to personnel matters, litigation or potential litigation or planning matters that have already had a public meeting or any item considered confidential.
- All written submissions will be reviewed by the Clerk or designate to ensure they comply with the criteria.
- Any person providing information and/or comments through public participation will be considered by the Township of Clearview as consent to the individual’s personal information and comments. This information may become part of the public record.
- Requests to make written or oral submissions on Planning Public Meeting Items should be submitted using the Planning Public Meeting Webform.
- For information about attending Public Participation period in-person visit our In-Person Public Participation page.
Personal information collected through this form is pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56, as amended, and will be used to identify registrants wishing to address council, pursuant to section 2.5 and 6.2 of the Township’s Procedural By-law No.12-19 and may become a public document.
Questions about this collection should be directed to Director, Legislative Services/Municipal Clerk, Township of Clearview, 217 Gideon Street, P.O. Box 200, Stayner ON L0M 1S0. Telephone: 705-428-6230 ext.: 224. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org