In light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we’ve made some adjustments to the way the community can participate in Public Meetings. Members of the public are invited to make oral statements during virtual Public Meetings by completing the form below.
Please note, once public meetings resume in person, the public is invited to attend the council chambers and pose any questions or comments to council directly.
- All public participation requests must be received prior to noon the Friday before the public meeting.
- All written comments, including questions shall be directed to the Chair (Deputy Mayor).
- No written comments shall refer to personnel matters, litigation or potential litigation or planning matters that have already had a public meeting or any item considered confidential.
- Any person providing information and/or comments through public participation will be considered by the Township of Clearview as consent to the individual’s personal information and comments. This information may become part of the public record.
- Computer attendance is encouraged, if you do not have the necessary technology to participate by computer, you may use a telephone and call in.
- Once your request has been received and approved for a public meeting agenda item you will receive further detailed instructions on how to participate in the meeting.
- On the day of the meeting, we ask that you join the meeting ten (10) minutes before your scheduled time.
- You will have five (5) minutes to address Council with your comments, please be prepared.
- You will be contacted in advance of the meeting to confirm your participation and will be provided with detailed electronic participation instructions.
Written comments may also be submitted regarding Planning matters and Public Meetings. Please email the planner assigned to the file, their contact information can be found on the Public Meeting Notice.
Personal information collected through this form is pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56, as amended, and will be used to identify registrants wishing to address council, pursuant to section 2.5 and 6.2 of the Township’s Procedural By-Law No.12-19 and may become a public document.
Questions about this collection should be directed to Director, Communnity Services, Township of Clearview, 217 Gideon Street, P.O. Box 200, Stayner ON L0M 1S0. Telephone: 705-428-6230 ext.: 264. Email: email@example.com