clearview recreation

Event Insurance

Some events taking place in a Clearview Township facility or on Clearview Township property, including in our parks or on the roadways or sidewalks, require the organizer to have liability insurance and to name the Township of Clearview as insured.  All events that involve alcohol in our facilities or on our land require insurance.  Other events that require insurance include; Parades, Fireworks, Leagues, Tournaments, Sporting competitions, Training Camps, Athletic Schools, Festivals and Fairs.

Clearview requires that you obtain a minimum of $2 million in liability insurance.  You can obtain insurance by contacting your insurance broker, by finding an insurance agent online or in the phone book or you can contact the insurance company that Clearview uses.  Their website is and they can be contacted at or by calling Justin Moniz at (416) 848-4529.

Please ensure that the insurer names “The Corporation of the Township of Clearview” as a third party insured.  The name and address to list as third party insured is:

The Corporation of the Township of Clearview
Po Box 200, 217 Gideon Street
Stayner, Ontario  L0M 1S0
Tel: 705 428-6230
Fax: 705 428-0288

Please send the Certificate of Insurance to your Clearview booking contact.

Low-risk types of events that do not require insurance – as long as no liquor is on the premises:
  • Weddings, receptions, stags and does
  • Fashion shows
  • Job fairs
  • Religious assemblies
  • Card/chess match
  • Sidewalk sales
  • Consumer/trade/travel shows
  • Conventions
  • Bingo/Raffle/Charity
  • Antique shows
  • Art/Craft shows
  • Dog/Cat shows
  • Garden or Historical tours
  • Family Gatherings
  • Auto/Boat/RV shows
  • Flea Market/Garden Market
  • Buskers
  • Fishing Derby (no speed events)
  • Theatre Performance
  • Canoe, rowing, swimming, sailing regatta
  • Skating
  • Auctions and Bazaars
  • Badminton, Bowling, Curling, Horseshoes, Tennis, Dance Lessons, Baseball, Basketball, Volleyball, Swimming with a Lifeguard
Extra information:
Clearview staff are not licenced insurance agents and are not able to provide you with insurance advice.  Please speak to a licensed insurance agent about any questions you have for your particular situation.  We can only accept insurance certificates from insurance companies licensed to operate in Canada.