FAQs Council

What ward am I in and who is my Councillor?

Use the Clearview Township Ward Map on the Council page to determine who your Councillor is. Your Councillor's contact information is also available on this page.

When and where do Council meetings take place?

All meetings of Council take place at 5:30pm in the Council Chambers of the Township's Administration Building located at 217 Gideon Street on the first, second and fourth Monday of each month. However, there is only one meeting held during the months of July and August. All upcoming meetings will appear on the Council Meetings Calendar.

Notice for special meetings, or alternate locations, will be posted throughout the year as scheduled by Council or Committee.

How do I get on the Council agenda?

To make a presentation or deputation to Council, you must contact the Clerk’s Office at (705) 428-6230 Ext 223.  All presentations or information to be placed on the Council agenda, need to be received by the Clerk’s Office no later than 12 pm, one week prior to the Council meeting.
Individuals who submit letters and other information to Council should be aware that any personal information contained within their communications may become part of the public record and may be made available through the Council Agenda process and may be published.

Can I request a birthday or anniversary congratulations from the Mayor?

Requests for congratulations can be given to Brenda Falls at the Township office. You can contact her at (705) 428-6230 x. 223 or

When is the next municipal election?

Municipal elections take place every four years. The next election will be in October 2018.

Where do I obtain a Birth, Marraige or Death certificate?

Please call the Registrar General at 1-800-461-2156 or visit their website at

Where can I obtain a Commissioner's signature?

A commissioner's signature can be obtained from the Clerk's office, located at the 217 Gideon Street, Stayner.

How do I contact my MP or MPP?

The Simcoe-Grey Member of Provincial Parlaiment is Jim Wilson. His office can be contacted by calling (705) 446-1090 or you can e-mail him at

The Simcoe- Grey Member of Pariament is Dr. Kellie Leitch – (705) 435-1809.